Friday, February 29, 2008

My Mother's Day Plans

I know that Mother's Day seems like it is light years way, especially with all the snow on the ground. But, my mother and I have signed up to do the Y-ME Breast Cancer walk on that day. I can't think of a better way to spend Mother's Day!!

My Mother has been diagnosed with breast cancer twice. The first time she had a lumpectomy and went through radiation. 4 1/2 years later it came back. That time she opted to have both breasts removed and replaced with the fat from her stomach and she did chemo. Throughout this whole thing, she had a very positive attitude and often had to console us. She is the bravest person I have ever met and I want to do something to help others in the same situation.

This is our first walk for breast cancer, but I'm sure it won't be our last. Our goal is to do the 3 day.

Here is a letter that will give you information about the walk and links if you want to join us or donate.

Dear Friends and Family,

I have big plans for Mother's Day! I am happy to share the news with you that I have joined Y-ME National Breast Cancer Organization in its effort to ensure that no one faces breast cancer alone. I will be participating in Y-ME's Race to Empower on Mother's Day and have set a goal of raising $_100.00__ along the way. Currently, 2 million Americans are living with breast cancer, and more than 180,000 will be diagnosed this year alone. Y-ME offers free programs and services to anyone touched by breast cancer and it is important that these programs continue to be available to those who need them.

Please support my participation in the Race to Empower by making a donation online. Your tax-deductible contribution will help fund the 24-hour Y-ME National Breast Cancer Hotline, the only hotline in the country staffed by trained peer counselors who are breast cancer survivors. It is a convenient, confidential resource for breast cancer and breast health information, as well as support for anyone touched by or concerned about this disease. Read more about how Y-ME uses fundraising dollars to ensure that no one faces breast cancer alone.

Y-ME has made it easy to support this great cause and to sponsor my efforts in the Race to Empower.

If you or someone you know needs breast cancer information or support, call the 24-hour Y-ME National Breast Cancer Hotline at 800-221-2141 (English) or 800-986-9505 (Spanish). Interpreters are available in 150 languages on the English Hotline.
I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress. Of course, I would also welcome your company on Race Day! Please let me know if you'd like to join me, or click here to register online.

Sincerely,
Becky


Click here to visit my personal Web site!

0 comments: