Sunday, November 30, 2008
Ahhh...Sunday! It was a very lazy day today. No one, but Matt, got out of their pjs today. I did manage to peel the pjs off the girls in order to get them in the bath just to put back on a fresh pair.
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 7:57 PM
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 8:32 AM
Friday, November 28, 2008
I just took this fun quiz, and this what it told me about myself;
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are a Bette!
You are a Bette -- "I must be strong"
Bettes are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Stand up for yourself... and me.
- * Be confident, strong, and direct.
- * Don't gossip about me or betray my trust.
- * Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.
- * Give me space to be alone.
- * Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me.
- * I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack.
- * When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.
What I Like About Being a Bette
- * being independent and self-reliant
- * being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
- * being courageous, straightforward, and honest
- * getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
- * supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
- * upholding just causes
What's Hard About Being a Bette
- * overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to
- * being restless and impatient with others' incompetence
- * sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it
- * never forgetting injuries or injustices
- * putting too much pressure on myself
- * getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right
Bettes as Children Often
- * are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
- * are sometimes loners
- * seize control so they won't be controlled
- * figure out others' weaknesses
- * attack verbally or physically when provoked
- * take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings
Bettes as Parents
- * are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted
- * are sometimes overprotective
- * can be demanding, controlling, and rigid
Ok, I can live with that.
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 8:52 PM
2) Kissing - Who doesn't love kissing? (Unless it's your great aunt and your 12) But I love kissing. Especially if it slow, drawn out and full of passion. (but not with an aunt)
3) Knoxville - As in Johnny Knoxville. I love him for some reason. I don't want to be crude but he's my f*ck and run guy. Someone who would be good for a night or two but you definitely don't want to bring him home to meet mom.
5) Kool-Aid - I keep little packages in my desk to put in my water bottles. For some reason, I can't drink just straight water even though I know it's good for me.
7) Kids - As a mother, I guess I have to put my kids up here. (Although they have been driving me nuts ALL DAY!)
8) KettleCorn - What is better than going to a fair and getting a big bag of fresh, hot Kettlecorn?
9) Kismet - I love the idea of fate. Your soul mate, your other half.
10) Karaoke - I don't like to sing, but Matt always dedicates "Devil in Disguise" to me.
If you want to play, you can leave me a comment and I'll give you a letter, or you can leave Heather a comment and she can give you a letter too.
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 4:18 PM
My Friend ChicagoLady gave me this wonderful award!!!
I love her blog! She lives here in Chicago (obviously) and it's nice to know that I'm not the only nut here! LOL! Plus, she's a HUGE Cubs Fan, which makes her "My Brotha from anotha Motha"...or sister...or whatever.
As with all the awards I received, this one brought a tear to my eye. I'm not going to bore you with the "Blog Snob" story again, but all of your kindness really means so much to me!!
I love blogging. I love being able to tell my stories to the whole world via the Internet in hopes that they entertain you and I receive a few comments in return. In the immortal words of Ursula the Sea Witch from "The Little Mermaid"; "It's what I do, It's what I live for!"
Never mind that it's an elaborate hoax in the style of the Batman TV show villains. I write amusing stories, you come and read them unaware that I am controlling a little piece of your mind each time and then soon I will CONTROL THE WORLD....(manic laughing) But I digress.
So now, I get to give this award to the people who have encouraged me. This is going to be tough, because you all encourage me more than you know. So lets go down the list. (I am not limited to only a few bloggers. If you don't give me rules, I can't break them!)
BlueRidgeGal - She encourages me to be creative in my photo taking and story telling. She had a post up where she showed us a conversation between her husband and herself using Barbie dolls. It was HYSTERICAL!!
CasualSlack - One of the first blogs I ever read. Absolutely hysterical!!! What she can find on the web for her "Random Find" is amazing. She also gives me kudos when I write a funny comment.
Jeanne's Happy World - She is really happy!!! She must post 10 times a day. I love the pictures of her daughter Bella, and the way she dresses up her cat!
IntenseGuy - He encourages me with his love of long walks, dogs, and construction barriers. I love that he goes out and takes pictures of ordinary things and writes a whole story about them. I have also learned quite a few things about history from him.
My Side of the Story - What can I say about this guy? He encourages me every day! (Even if he is stubborn about getting that TV)
ChicagoLady - I already wrote about her living in the same city and being a Cubs fan. She is also very passionate about politics and family.
Heather and Heather's Sister - I love living vicariously through these two Twilight sister on their adventures! But I have to admit it makes me ache for my own sister who lives in Florida. These two have the exact same relationship as my sister and I.
Dry as Toast - Ahhhh..New York!! I have been in love with that city since I first watch "An Affair to Remember". I love the way she tells her story about living in the city.
LadyStyx - The way this woman gets on her stationary bike and petals her little heart out everyday is so completely encouraging that I almost feel bad about putting that second Krispy Kreme donut in my mouth. But then I wait a couple of minutes and it passes.
Knit By God's Hand - She is very passionate about her love of God. She also encourages me to go ahead and try to knit. (Something I've wanted to do for a long time) And we have the same name!
ToriZ - I don't know if I can put into words all the ways that Tori is encouraging! She has a definite way of seeing the world without actually being able to see. The sense of humor that she has going through what she has gone through is truly amazing!
Life Just Keep Getting Weirder - Amazingly talented!!! You will literally laugh out loud reading her blog. She is also encouraging by the way she wears her mustache without a care in the world.
Laughing with Spoons - She is probably one of the sweetest people on the web! Her Thankful Tuesdays encourage me to be thankful for what I have.
Bookbitten - She was one of the first to comment on my blog and we became fast friends. She is having a really hard time recently and I send her cyber-hugs. She encourages me to read. I have never met anyone who reads more than she does! Plus she has amazing taste in books.
PoetiKat - The first time I ever read her blog, she was talking about the scary movie "Burnt Offerings" and I believed I was the only one who ever saw it! She has a knack of bring up things from the past that bring back so many wonderful memories.
Livin and Lovin - This lady has so much love in her life (and not just because that's what her daughter's name is)
Iheart2girls - She hearts 2 girls? I heart her blog! She tells the best story about finding other mom's to have play-dates. I totally reminded me of when I was courting the "dance moms" and tried to get them to be my friends.
Jess - I said it before, and I'll say it again...she is immensely talented!!! A 15 year old from across the pond with a very old soul. She will be a prize winning author, mark my words!
I am also encouraged by a whole slew of friends and family who read my blog each day. I have a whole fan club of people who don't leave comments but comment in person. So they should get the award too. Go ahead and print it out and put it on a button and wear it on your lapel or something.
So there you have it. All of you encourage me in your own way. You make blogging so much more fun!
Now, I'm trying to build up the encouragement to clean my house.
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 9:48 AM
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Now with the turkey haze in full swing, as well as the Manhattans, I can look back to a wonderful Thanksgiving.
We always have Thanksgiving dinner at our extended family's house. It was really great! The food was superb, and the clean-up was painless. As far as I'm concerned, it was the perfect Thanksgiving, except for one small glitch.
A couple of weeks ago we were in the car and we were talking about Thanksgiving. Vivi, still in Halloween mode, asked this question;
Vivi: "What costume do I wear for Tanksgiving?"
Me: "You don't wear a costume, you wear a pretty dress."
She was quiet for a couple of minutes, like she was pondering something.
Vivi: " I'm gonna wear my Alice in Wonderland dress, it's my prettiest." (Vivi was Alice at her birthday party as well as Halloween)
Matt and I kind of looked over at each other.
Matt: (quietly) "She'll be over it in a couple of weeks."
Over the next few weeks, she told everyone she was wearing that dress. I took her to a bunch of different stores so she could pick out a new dress. No such luck.
This morning she woke up and got the dress out of the closet. It took a lot of convincing on my part to make her wait until it was time to start getting ready to put it on.
So here we were showing up at the door for dinner, me dressed up, Emerson dressed up, Matt in his work uniform (he's on call today), and Vivi rocking the Alice dress with a HUGE grin on her face.
After dinner my mother (cause she's evil) asked what dress she was going to wear for Christmas? Guess what Vivi said?
I'm going to have to buy her one of those Disney Princess dresses, just so we have some variety!
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 9:02 PM
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 9:50 AM
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 5:51 PM
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 11:06 PM
Matt started his own blog! It's called My side of the Story. Go on over and give him some bloggy love. But just remember, don't believe anything he says!! I am the perfect wife! (If I do say so myself)
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 3:39 PM
Even though I am going to have to wait until March to get my Oscar and my Pulitzer hasn't come in the mail yet. I am still getting awards!!!!!! My friend Jeannie over at Jeannie's Happy World has bestowed this little gem on me.
Too Cute!!!!! Tori - It's a bear with a purple bow in her hair and she's holding up a big heart. I says I Big Red Puffy Heart your blog.
I feel bad because as a presentor, I should be all dressed up. But Bob Mackey is still putting the finishing touches on the gown and Rachel Zoe still hasn't found the perfect jewels to make her "D-I-E...Die!" So I present this award a little less fabulously in my khakis and pink cashmire sweater. Here are the bloggers who are receiving.
Tales from the Lunchroom Today is Heather's Sister's Birthday!!! Go over and give her some love!!!
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 11:39 AM
Monday, November 24, 2008
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 7:37 PM
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 4:49 PM
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 12:31 PM
Saturday, November 22, 2008
I have decided that I am going post things that I have previously posted. Things that I posted before you guys started reading my blog. I know how much time and energy it takes to go back and read all prior post on a blog that you just found. So Saturdays are going to be dedicated as Flashback Saturday!
Here is the first post in this new series. Originally written this past April. Enjoy and if you already read it...Enjoy again!
OY! What A Week
It started out when I made myself a piece of toast. I took one bite of it and all I could taste was mold. I voiced my complaint to Matt and he took a bite and said it was fine and ate the rest of it. He told me to make myself another piece but I refused, citing that if this one was moldy, the others are too. He promptly went into the kitchen and inspected the remaining pieces of bread. With quite a smirk on his face, he showed me that there was not a speck of mold on any of the bread. Convinced I was right, I insisted on sniffing every inch of each of the slices until I was able to pin-point the exact location of the invisible mold. So, Matt threw the bread away and ran out the door before I was able to tell him that I no longer had a taste for toast. When he came back with new bread, he was none too pleased with me.
I was informed by my daughter that we were out of my special cookies. Each evening I have 5 chewy chips ahoy cookies heated up in the microwave and a glass of milk. It’s my thing and I have done it for years. Recently, it has come to my attention that everyone in the house now enjoys my cookies, even though I buy them their own cookies. So I went to bed without dessert.
Still no cookies!! When I complained, Matt told me that there were the store brand cookies that I can have but he was definitely not going to the store for me. I don’t like the store brand cookies, I ONLY LIKE CHEWY CHIPS AHOY!!!! He did not budge from his position. Apparently, the cookie battle is one that he chooses to fight.Finally, I was jonesing so bad for the chewy goodness, I announced that the store brand cookies will be fine, but I only want 3 but cooked the same amount of time in the microwave. (It was very reminiscent of “When Harry met Sally”) I made that announcement and didn’t move from the couch. After a few minutes, Matt breathed a very heavy sigh and got up and went into the kitchen. This is how the conversation went;
Matt “You are some piece of work!”
Me “What did I do?”
Matt “You announce that you want the store brand cookies, yet you make no effort to actually go and get them.”
Me “Why are you being such an ass??!!”
Matt “Me??!?!!?” “I’m making you your damn cookies!!!”
Me “You know, there are 100 guys who would love to make me my cookies!!!!”
Matt (startled) “What was that pounding???”
Me (now startled) “What pounding? I didn’t hear anything.”
Matt “It must be those 100 guys pounding on the door to make you your cookies”
Me “Smart Ass!!”
The cookie standoff continues. He won’t buy the cookies and now I’m on Webkinz strike. I will only play games on Emerson’s Webkinz
This was the worst day yet!!! As I mentioned before I am an avid reader and I like to get my books at Half Priced Book Store. It turns out you can also sell your books there too. While I was in my closet that morning I noticed that I had a ton of hardcover books on the shelves in there. I took them all down and dusted them off. They were in good condition, so I decided to box them up and bring them to the store. After all, I needed to get the 4th book in the series that I am currently reading. So I boxed up 15 books and lugged them to the car.
At my lunch break, I drove over there and l lugged the box in the store. They informed me that it was going to be 30 minutes but I had to stay in the store because it could be earlier. I agreed and ran over to shelves to get my new book. They didn’t have it. They had all the other ones from the series except #4. Unbelievable!!! I grabbed 5 and 6 but I can’t even read the backs in case it gives something away. Finally I was called to the counter for my offer. I walked up there and they said that for my 15 hardcover books they would offer me…$2.50!!!!!! Not a piece, but for all of them!! So, by the end of the experience; I had $2.50, a 10% off coupon and I still spent $5.
The good news is that the Webkinz strike worked. I got my cookies last night and I went on his Webkinz and won him a trophy.
There are just some days that I truly believe that I am on some kind of reality show and I’m not aware of it. Just like “The Truman Show”
You guys would tell me, right?
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 1:07 PM
Kat over at Sunshine and Lemonade is having another awesome contest! You can win a A favicon and Mommy cards from Darcy over at Graphically Designing. And a $25 Office Max gift card.
Go check it out!
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 9:45 AM
Friday, November 21, 2008
I just want to start this letter out by telling you how much I enjoy working here. If I didn't come here every single day f0r 10 hours a day, I would be so completely bored enjoying my family.
That said, I feel that we need to clear up a few things in order for us to work more...um...harmoniously. (Translation; I don't want to have to kill you with a staple remover!)
1) You know I start work every day at 8am, it never changes. So please don't start calling me at 7am and continue to call every 5 minutes to find out what time I will be there. If you continue to do this I will invest in an air horn and blow your eardrum out.
2) I don't know why the coffee maker is making noises at you. It's probably the same reason why the microwave laughs at you.
3) If the copier is out of paper, put paper in it. Do not stand in the middle of the room and bellow that it's out of paper. It is not booby trapped, nor does it only respond to my voice. You just do it.
4) If the copier is out of toner, DO NOT TOUCH IT!!! I don't think we want to relive the incident where you got frustrated and tried to beat the copier with it's own toner. By the way, you still owe me for that dry cleaning bill...just sayin'.
5) As much as I appreciate you "keeping me in the loop", I do not need to be copied on the dirty emails between you and your wife. You can go ahead and keep a lid on that little secret.
6) If you take the last pen out of the office supply cabinet, please let me know so I can order more. I know it surprises you that I am not psychically connected to all the supplies in the cabinet. I don't know we're out until I go looking for something.
7) As much as you think I am able to multi-task, I cannot listen to the customer on the phone and your conversation at the same time. So if you see me sort of talking into a strange black handle that I hold up to my face. Please wait until I place it back on the black box with all the numbers before you regale me with your weekend stories.
8) I understand that emergencies come up, but PLEASE don't wait until I have my computer turned off, my coat on, my car started, backing out of the parking space to tell me that you have a report due first thing in the morning that you forgot about. And then when I do stay late to help you, please don't come out of your office when you leave for the day and ask innocently "You still here?" It demeans us both.
9) I am so glad you had a wonderful time on your vacation to the Riviera, but please, if you go again, you do not need to send me pictures on my phone of you and your wife on the nude beach. Remember, that meeting with HR where we discussed boundaries?
10) Finally, do you remember when I fished you tie out of the shredder, in turn saving your life? Or the time I drove 60 miles in a blizzard to drop off your favorite travel mug because you forgot it before your business trip? And I have never once mixed up your wife and your girlfriend on the phone saving you a ton of money in divorce proceedings. All those things constitutes a little more than 3 $1.00 McDonald's Gift Certificates for Christmas!
I hope we now understand each other a little better. Thank you.
Your Loyal Assistant*
*Completely fictitious. Like I would work for this guy!! ( Had to put this in just in case my real boss's wife read this and kills an innocent man!)
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 5:59 PM
Thursday, November 20, 2008
As if Heather's Sister over at Tales from the Lunchroom hasn't given me enough (ie Twilight Obsession) she also gave me this award!!!!!
"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”
The award translates as, "This blog invests and believes, the proximity" [meaning, that blogging makes us 'close' -being close through proximity] Thank GOD I'm fluent in Portugese like Edward! LOL (OK... so I Googled it)
So now I get to give them to eight other bloggers, here they are;
There you have it. Go Forth and Award!!
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 10:01 PM
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 10:26 PM
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 9:03 PM
Picture 2 - 1885
EAT YOUR HEART OUT President Charles A. Adams!!!
Picture 3 - American Chopper
Picture 4 - CHIPS"Hey Ladies!" "You're under arrest... for stealing my heart!!"
"It's not gay...It's debonair!!
Picture 6 - The "after picture"
There's the Mattyflower I married!!! As soon as the razor burn heals, he'll look 10 years younger.
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 10:01 AM
Sunday, November 16, 2008
I was going through pictures for Johnny Depp Monday and my heart just wasn't in it. I feel like I'm sinking.
Then I came across this little gem!
I'm not sure if I feel better or worse! But with my overactive imagination, the fantasy possibilities are unlimited!
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 10:42 PM
Matt woke up from his nap and we were talking about running to Borders so I could get the 4th book.
His blackberry went off.
He looked at it and said "Oh, Crap! I forgot that I volunteered to work tonight!"
Then he left to be the HVAC hero to someone else.
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 7:31 PM
So, I don't know if I've...um.. ever mentioned it, but I LOVE getting awards!! But I also love giving awards. So, since I haven't received anymore to give out, I decided to create a couple myself. I created these two awards with each and every one of you in mind. Because I hate deciding who gets the award and who doesn't... IT'S AN ALL SKATE!!!!!! They are for everyone who's blog I read and for everyone who reads my blog. And because they are usually one in the same, you guys get both awards! There are no rules for these, you can give them to anyone you want. But, PLEASE put them on you blog, don't make me cry.
They're not buttons or anything (I haven't quite got the button thing figured out) so just copy the pictures from my blog.
Update on the Romance thing. Matt came home last night and went on the computer, I told him not to read the blog because I thought it would hurt his feelings. He respected my wishes for a while and then curiosity got the better of him and he read it. His feelings weren't hurt and he corrected me on the fact that I think he's trying to humor me. And that was the end of it.
He then played Xbox while I read (and finished) the third Twilight book. NOTHING ELSE HAPPENED!!!!!! It's not like I'm dropping subtle hints, I am coming out and telling him (and you) but it doesn't seem to matter. As I write this, he is sound asleep on the couch.
I shouldn't have thought about it, now I'm blue.
Enjoy your awards guys! Every single one of you deserves them!
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 3:53 PM
Saturday, November 15, 2008
I was reading my friend Heather's blog (You know Heather, of Heathersister fame) and she had a button for a quiz on Twilight. Now I don't think I would have ever read these books if it wasn't for these two sisters. They are so much like my sister and me, and they are COMPLETELY obsessed with anything Twilight, so I decided to give it a try.
Now I'm completely obsessed!!!! (But it never really takes much) I have read the first two and I am currently reading the 3rd. When I bought the 3rd book, I noticed that they had t-shirts at the bookstore. I got myself one, and squeezed my adult size body(read DD's) into a shirt made for a teenager. Let's just say that Edward and Bella's heads might be a little wider than they should be, but my friend, who always tells me the truth, said it looked good. (Thank GOD I've lost 23lbs. so far)
So, you can go ahead and thank them, but I'm not quite sure Matt will.
Since I was 1/2 way through the first book, I have been dogging him about being romantic. I miss the early days when you just couldn't wait to see each other. When every thought you had was about the other person. I miss the romance!
Here are some of the conversations that Matt and I have had over text or in person about this topic;
Me (over text): DAMN! Why can't you be a vampire??!!
Matt: All the times you tell me I suck, I thought I was! LOL!!
Me: But not in a good way!
Me (on the couch reading) : "You know, vampires don't have beards! " (I HATE Matt's beard)
Matt (on the computer) : "They don't? Why not?"
Me: "Because they're dead, they don't grow hair!"
Matt: "What if they had a beard when they were changed?"
Me: "They shaved it off as soon as they were vampires, because vampires are cool and beards aren't!"
So because I've been badgering him, he has acknowledged my need for romance. But there are three small problems.
1) He is working A LOT and doesn't know where to start.
2) We have two daughters who can suck the romance out of even Romeo and Juliet.
3) I truly think he is only humoring me because I am badgering him. (But that might actually be my own emotionally stunted views on relationships)
But the biggest problem is me. I always have the worst timing on my neediness. What is this poor man suppose to do? He works 12-16 hrs a day on a very physical job and he is exhausted when he gets home. He's also exhausted because of me, I require a lot of attention, I always have. I have exhausted my family and friends with my constant need for attention.
I love Matt very much, and I need to cut him some slack because I know that he's trying his best to appease his tyrant of a wife. (please don't hate Matt or feel bad for me, I do it to myself)
P.S. I honestly didn't think this post was going to turn out like this, I just started writing and this is what came out. I was originally going to post about the Twilight quiz I took and what character I turned out to be. (I put the results on my side bar) Now I have to think of a new title for this post!
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 3:30 PM
Thursday, November 13, 2008
My friend Rebecca Jo ( I just love her name!! Maybe cause it's mine too!) over at Knit by God's Hand posted this fun little game using your MP3, so I thought I'd give it a try.
1. Put your music on shuffle
2. For each question - press the next button to get your answer
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!!
4. You're supposed to tag people....but I'm not - I'm a rule breaker....
And AWAY WE GO......!!!!!!
IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
Only The Good Die Young - Billy Joel - Pretty cryptic...sounds like me.
WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Hard To Say Goodbye - DreamGirls Soundtrack - That's about right!
WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY?
Bennie and The Jets - Elton John - Must be the Electric Boots and Mohair Suit
HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Superstition - Stevie Wonder - Well, I have been reading alot of Twilight today...
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
Flash Light - Parliment - ALWAYS FUNK!!
WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Rat Pat - I've been there once, but I don't recall leaving pieces...
WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Scotty Doesn't Know - Lustra - BWHAHHHAHHHHAAAA
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
Crank Dat Soulja Boy - Soulja Boy - True Dat!
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Everything - Michael Buble - That's kind of nice...a little lame...but nice.
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations - Let's not think too hard on this one.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
No More Tears (Enough is Enough) - Donna Summer and Barbra Streisand
WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LOVE?
Nights on Broadway - Bee Gees - Doesn't everyone when they see Matt?
WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Paperback Writer - The Beatles - That translates to "immensely talented", right?
WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
GhostBusters - Ray Parker Jr. - Bet you didn't know that it was Johnny Depp's favorite song...Yep, and we're gonna dance to it!
WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Tuff Enuff - Fabulous Thunderbirds - YOU BET!!!
WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Jack and Diane - John Mellencamp - I keep them as pets.
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Because of You - Kelly Clarkson - That's right...It's YOUR fault!
WHATS THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN?
Learn To Fly - Foo Fighters - What if I don't look good with wings???
HOW WILL YOU DIE?
Upside Down - Jack Johnson - Probably true-er than you think.
WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET?
One Particular Harbour - Jimmy Buffet
WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
Dirty - Christina Aguilera - Chaps always make me giggle.
WHAT MAKES YOU CRY?
Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours - Stevie Wonder - Anything sadder than the postal system?
WHAT SCARES YOU MOST?
Lying Eyes - The Eagles - Especially when they're in a jar!!! AUGGHHH!!!
DOES ANYONE LOVE YOU?
Shake It - Metro Station - If they didn't, they do after that song!
IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME - WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
Land of Confusion - Genesis
WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW?
Xanadu - Olivia Newton John - And it's been bothering me ALL DAY!!!!!
WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
Little Bird - Annie Lennox
So there you have it. Now you know what kind of loser playlist I have!
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 8:03 PM
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 8:41 AM
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Sorry Ladies and Gentleman for my tardiness on my Pay it Foward prizes.
As you recall I was going to pick names out a hat to give the gift of a sign that Matt will make for you with your favorite Disney Character and your child's name (or who ever's name)
Here are the winners:
Amy at Bryant/Satoskar Family
Heather's Sister at Tales from the Lunchroom
Jeannie at Jeannie's Happy World
Anna Lefler at Life Just Keeps Getting Weirder
Tori Z at Torizworld
Please leave in comments what character you want and the name you want to put on it and I will let you know when it's finished and we can work out the delivery. It might take a little while because they are all drawn by Matt and he is working a lot right now. Of Course, if your child prefers something other that Disney, let me know and he can probably do it. (Including Twilight, Heather's Sister)
I also have 2 winners of the Quirky Contest, except I'm not quite sure what the prize is yet. Two people really stood out on the Quirkiness and those two are:
Both of you are Nut Bags and I love it!!! I will come up with a prize in the next couple of days for you.
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 10:21 AM
Monday, November 10, 2008
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 9:56 PM
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 8:54 PM
Thursday, November 6, 2008
While reading my friend Jeannie's blog today, she asked us to list 7 tidbits about ourselves in her comments. At the end of the workday, I finally had time to leave my comment and then I went home. On the way home, I got to thinking. Some of those answers were a little weird, maybe I shouldn't have let Jeannie and her readers "behind the curtain" so to speak. At least not this soon, I mean she is kinda new to my blog, I don't want to scare her off.
I started discussing it with Matt tonight and I decided that everyone probably has a little something that makes them...let's call it "unique". So, I am offering up a challenge, I will tell you my most quirky and if you choose to accept, you leave your quirkiest behaviors in the comments. By the end of the weekend, we will know a little bit more about each other and that we are not alone in our "uniqueness". I will also have a prize for the King or Queen of Quirky. I don't know what it is yet, but trust me, it'll be good.
So here's a little inspiration for you all, the 7 things I wrote on Jeannie's blog and a few more that Matt reminded me of. Some of them you might have heard before if you read older posts.
1) I HATE peas. I despise everything about them!! I won't cook them and I forbid Matt from cooking them when I am home. But, amazingly I enjoy split pea soup.
2) I have a non-sexual crush on Queen Latifa (ok, maybe a little sexual)
3) I am obsessed with license plate stickers and I have to look at all of them around me when I'm driving. When I see one that's expired, I yell out SCOFFLAW!!!!!
4) I have 13 Webkinz of my own and the number is growing daily.
5) Most of the time I do my daughter's homework. But not the important stuff (just the coloring or word searches), so all you teachers, ex-teachers, teacher's aides, or generally "crunchy" moms...BACK OFF, sometimes it's just easier.
6) I can recite word for word the opening to the TV show "Odd Couple". You know; "On November 13th Felix Unger was asked to remove himself from his place of residence..."
7) I am never on time and I truly believe there is a time suck right outside my back door that sucks 10 minutes from me everyday when I leave.
8) I have an irrational fear of sand. And it terrified me when we had to trace letters in sand at Montessori School.
9) For years I believed that the song "Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Collins was about people who couldn't find a hotel room while on vacation.
10) When I was in first grade my grandfather sent an egg salad sandwich to school everyday. My great grandparents had an anniversary party and some one made a TON of sandwiches that no one ate, so they put them in the freezer and gave me one each day. Half of it was frozen, half soggy. To this day I will not even TOUCH egg salad. (I honestly don't know why Child Services weren't called!)
11) When I was 18 years old I traveled to London, England to stalk Rowan Atkinson. I got as far as the outside of his office, and I chickened out. ( I did have a really good time though)
12) When I was 20, I got Mono and my step-father made me go to bed at 10pm every night. I would sit in my room and do word searches. I can do a 25 word word search in alphabetical order in 1.46 minutes.
Now it's your turn. C'mon 'Merica, let your freak flag fly!!! As I once read on this vast Internet of ours:
I don't care if you lick windows Take the special bus Or occasionally pee on yourself ....... You hang in there sunshine You're friggin special. ...
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 9:50 PM
After her bath the other day, we were cleaning out the toys from the bathtub, (I honestly don’t know how she fits in there with them) and she picked up the twins.
Vivi: “Mommy, What’s there names?”
Me: “I don’t know, maybe Daddy knows?”
Vivi, holding up the toy: Daddy, What’s their names?”
Matt looks on the box it came in: “The box just says twins.”
Vivi: “Mommy, Daddy say no.”
Me: Ok, I bet I know who knows, lets ask Emmy.”
Recently, Emerson was in big trouble and was being punished. She was allowed to watch TV, but only shows that Vivi wanted to watch. So, she’s seen her fair share of Dora (not to mention Wa Wa Wobzie, Little Bill, and Max and Ruby)
Me: “Hey Em, what are the names of Dora’s brother and sister?”
Emerson: “I don’t think they have names.”
WHAT? What do mean “They don’t have names”??!!!! They have to have names!!!!
I look it up on the internet.
The only thing I can find is that some one said their names were Knee Sock and Backpack.
That doesn’t make any sense, which one is which. I can only assume that the boy is Backpack (It just sounds more masculine) But isn’t that the name of the actual Backpack on the show? Was the child named in honor of the backpack?
And what about Knee Sock? Is that one word or two? And is that a shout out to Boots the monkey?
So here is my plea, most of you who read this have children and I’m sure you’ve seen Dora (about a zillion times) so…
PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THESE $$##!@#$@# CHILDREN’S NAMES ARE!!!!!!!!
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 4:40 PM
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
So as you can tell, Matt and I text back and forth a lot.
Here is the latest installment. (Everything in parenthesis are little pieces of the story that I feel you should know)
Matt: I'm going to the Alpaca Farm. I like them because they spit LOL. (He goes to do the HVAC twice a year, the woman requests him)
Me: DON'T BRING ONE HOME! (She's always trying to give him one)
Matt: You take the piss out of everything! LMAO!
Me: That's what I live for.
Me: BTW, the stupid car did that battery thing again! The loopy thing is on tight, so it must be the wires this time. FIX IT!
Matt: Ok. I'll do it in all the spare time I have! LOL! Here's what's going to happen... We are going to make a list of EVERYTHING wrong with that car. Then YOU are going to take it to Pep Boys, get an estimate, and then we'll get it fixed. And thats all I gotta say about that.
Me: I have no response to that.
Matt: Well that's a first!!! Obama was right. There IS a change! LOL
Me: Oh wait I just thought of something, but it's more of a gesture.
Matt: LOL! When you text me my phone goes "Bling, bling, bling" really loud. Its making the Alpaca jump. I'm going to get spit on, I just know it. I'll let you know when I'm otta here.
Me: (giggling) Did this one make them spit?
Matt: STOP IT! If they do, I'm going to wrap it up, take it home and throw it on you!
Katie (My friend at work) texts Matt: Becky says Hi
So now you see that I am evil, and probably shouldn't be allowed to play with others.
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 3:02 PM
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 10:13 PM
WARNING...WARNING...WARNING! I call my husband a bad word in this post, so if you are sensitive to that kind of thing...TOUGH. He deserved it!
Matt is allergic to pork, he breaks out in hives if he eats anything with pork in it. I have been married to Matt for 13 years, I am well aware of his allergy. I am the last person who will ever give him pork because I'm the person who ends up scratching his back.
The fact that his allergy is always in the for front of my mind does not stop Matt from reminding me of it every chance he gets.
Today I was in the grocery store on my lunch break and I sent him a text regarding what I should make for dinner. This is how it went:
Me: What should I make for dinner?
Me: But that takes an hour just to bake. I'll make it on Sunday.
Matt: Oh OK
Me: Are Italian sausage sandwiches ok?
Matt: OH SURE!!!!! I ALREADY HAD HIVES THIS WEEK...WHY NOT???!!!!
Me: I got you turkey sausage, asshole!
Matt: Ohhh...LMAO! Okay then!
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 3:21 PM
Monday, November 3, 2008
Matt: "I think you need a bit of a reality check."
Me: "What? Why?"
Matt: You've been walking around here with that crown on your head for 2 days."
Matt: "Whenever you mention your blog, you call it your "Award-Winning Blog" Every time the girls call out Mommy, you correct them with "Award-Winning Mommy"
Me: "What's you point?"
Matt: "Maybe you're taking this award business a little too far?"
Me: "You owe me an award-winning apology!"
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 9:57 PM
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
2) Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
3) Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
4) Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
5) Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
Posted by The Wife O Riley at 10:09 AM