Saturday, November 29, 2008

Something Old and Something New!

For Flashback Saturday we have an amusing little story about Vivi in a public washroom. It happened back in early May when we were still struggling with potty training. If you have kind of a weak stomach, maybe you oughta skip this one.




For the something new section of this post, I just wanted to tell you all that Matt is so SWEET! He worked all day yesterday and the girls and I went to a birthday party last night. When we got home he was out by his work truck rearranging things. He told me that he had another job but it was really close to the house and it wouldn't take that long. It was already 8:30pm and I was mad that he was still working. Well about a 45 minutes later, he walked in the door with a brand new 42" flat screen TV. His plan was to buy it at Best Buy today all along! Now I have TV!!! It's awesome!




Now on to our regularly scheduled program.




Vivi Creates Her Own After School Special (or) "Are You There God, It's Me Vivi?"




Vivi is now 95% potty trained. She goes by herself when we are at home and she tells us when we are out.




This is very exciting, but it also comes with its very own issues.




For instance, Vivi always seems to have to go to the bathroom just as I take the first bite of food at a restaurant. Or, just as we pass the rest stop while we’re driving.




But the biggest issue came the other week. We were at the mall and Vivi said she needed to go. We went into the bathroom and it was crowded. After waiting a couple of seconds we were able to go into a stall and Emerson went into the stall next to us. After Vivi was done, I decided that I would take advantage of the facilities.




Now I don’t want to be gross, so I will try to put this as gentle as possible; I was experiencing my period. And it being my first day, I was wearing a pad. (You women know what I’m talking about)




As I said before, the bathroom was crowded and the acoustics in there made all of the other conversations almost deafening.I pull down my pants and proceed to go to the bathroom and this is how it went;




Vivi: “Mommy, you going potty?”




Mommy: “Yep.”




Vivi: “Mommy, why you wearing a diaper?”




All other conversations stop and the only one talking now was Vivi. And she was loud!




Mommy: “Shhhhh”




Vivi: “But why you wearing a diaper?”




Mommy: “Vivi, shush”




Vivi: “Mommy, you bleeding!”




I hear some giggles.




Vivi: “YOU BLEEDING, YOU BLEEDING!”




Mommy: (quietly) “Come on Vivi, knock it off.”




Vivi: “You changing your diaper?”




Now I hear loud laughing!




Mercifully, I was done, and we went to wash our hands. I kept my head down and we got out of there ASAP. While walking back to Matt, Emerson was in front of me and her shoulders were shaking. When we got to him he looked at us strangely.




Matt: “What’s going on?”




Emerson (face red, tears in her eyes): “BAH-HA-HA-HA!”




Matt: “Why is your face all red and your sweating?”




Me: “Never mind, but you’re taking Vivi to the bathroom for the next 3 to 5 days.”




Emerson is still in hysterics and she can barely walk.




Matt: “I’m confused”

15 comments:

Megan R. said...

Thanks for the blog love! I absolutely LOVE your post today! Kids are just too funny! Oh, and you did better than I would have. I think I would have sat in that stall for a half hour waiting for everyone to leave!

Intense Guy said...

LMAO... Oh my!



...and isn't Matt something!


Thanks for the "D", I had a bunch of fun with it.

Deanna said...

As Art Linkletter always said, "Kids say the darndest things..." (wait, he was before your time...) Oh well, that was hilarious. She sounds like a darling.

ChicagoLady said...

Kids! You just never know WHAT will come out of their mouths.

I probably would have sat in that stall for an hour if need be until everyone else was gone.

Congrats on getting your tv!

Toriz said...

LMAO!

I know how that feels though... I had a simular experience with my Mam's Goddaughter when she was younger. It's still funny though. LOL!

Toriz said...

Oh, yeah... And congrats on finally getting your TV. :)

Michelle said...

Yah, you have TV. Man you are gonna have a fun night.

He he, did Matt ever find out what was going on? God love her little heart, she was probably terrified.lol.

LadyStyx said...

Congrats on the tv!!

Hmmm iggy's played and so has Chicago...ok hit me up with a letter (please Lord a nice easy one!!)


*runs out of this blog ...LMAO!!*

Michelle said...

When Morgan was little and had to go in with me, I would make him turn around and close his eyes cause I just knew he would say something. He never did ask any questions, he just did it.

There was this one time at Disney when I got sick after eating Mexican food and had to keep running to the bathroom at Epcot and he said, "mom, did you poop again." I think everyone around us wanted to know since I had to leave like 8 times.

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my gosh!


Hilarious!

Denise said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! That is hilarious! NOT looking forward to potty training - or those embarassing moments! :)

That was possibly the cutest story ever though!

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh my.....

your husband's reaction is the funniest!!!

Margaret said...

That would be so embarrising.

I know what you mean about just potty trained children having bad timing.

Rachel said...

OMG how funny is that! Just reiterates that kids say the craziest things!

Anonymous said...

New TV... Woo Hoo!!