Monday, December 22, 2008

A Letter to Mother Nature, Awards, and A Mission

Dear Mother Nature,


I just want to drop you a note to let you know that I get it, I really do.

How funny was it to watch Matt get his tongue stuck to the zipper on his jacket? I was laughing right along with you.

I know I look extra cute in my black and white checked hounds tooth newsboy cap with the matching black and white striped gloves and scarf. I had you in mind when I bought them.

I totally agree that kids do look so cute when they are building snowmen or making snow angels all bundled up so tight in their snowsuits that they can't put their arms down.

You are right, Christmas just wouldn't be the same without snow and if I don't like it I should move to Florida.

And finally, I can almost hear you giggling each morning lately when I walk outside after spending a ton of time getting the kids and myself ready only to have to run back in because the minute the Arctic air hits me, I have to pee. You are a funny, funny lady!

That being said, do you think that maybe you can let up just a little? After all, it's only December, you have 2 more months to torture us. Not to mention, the havoc you can wreak in March. You know what I'm talking about, 80 degrees one day, snowing the next.
So, as a good faith gesture from you, do you think that instead of the 4-6" of snow the weatherman is calling for tomorrow, you can maybe push it somewhere else? Maybe Virginia, Blue Ridge Gal is dying to see some snow.

For my part, I will get rid of all the fluro-carbon filled hairspray I stock piled from the 70's and will recycle all of my booze bottles from now on. (The size of that last job should prove how serious I am)

What do you say, do we have a deal?

Please respond ASAP so I can sleep in a little and don't have get up at the butt crack of dawn to go start my car and scrape the windows, OK?

_______________________________________________________________________

One of my new Bloggy Friends, Kimmy over at Our Life's Journey had bestowed this lovely award on me. Thank You!


The award states "This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships!These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

I have given this award to some of you before, so now I'm going to give it to some of my new friends.


Cate at Show My Face





And Finally Matt over at My Side of The Story (I don't want him to cry)

Enjoy your award, you all deserve it!
Every one, go visit and give them a bloggy congrats!
____________________________________________________________________

And Finally, I have received a request.

Jen over at Casual Slack would like to see a Bea Arthur Monday instead of my Johnny Depp Monday.

Even though this is something I've been toying with (who doesn't love Bea?) I don't think there are enough clean pictures of Bea on the web to warrant a whole day of the week. (Trust me, I have seem a little too much then I bargained for)

Therefore, I have created this little holiday gem for Jen and all of you, if you want it.



Please forgive my crude paint job and the fact it's not a button. (I'm getting closer but still don't have it down yet)

Smooches!

19 comments:

Becky said...

Well I'll be darn! Thank you very much!

(I really must admit I suck terribly at posting awards, but I love getting them, and appreciate them profusely!!)

Grand Pooba said...

Ha! I'm glad you're not converting to Bea Mondays! I like Johnny just fine!

Thanks for the award woman! Can I include you in my 8 people?

Kimmy said...

You are so very welcome!! You definitely deserve it!! :o)

Emeka Amakeze said...

I really hope mother natures hears and obliges you. We don't experience snow here in Nigeria and i sure am glad.

Anonymous said...

Yep, still waiting for snowfall here in Virginia. It's sooo brown here... bleh.

BloggessJ said...

Snow on Christmas eve is a bad idea...I totally agree with you. Now off to go dig out my car from under all the snow that's on it.

Intense Guy said...

Dena Dietrich is best known for the campy 1970s commercials for Chiffon margarine as "Mother Nature". Whenever her character tasted Chiffon's butter-like margarine, she labeled it as butter. Upon learning otherwise, the commercials always ended with her causing a clap of thunder and adding ominously, "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature!"

Oddly enough, she also played Bea Arthur's sister, Gloria, in a guest starring capacity on The Golden Girls!

Call Me Cate said...

I love Ha-Bea Holidays! And thank you for my award. Not sure I know 8 people but I'll give it my best after I find some coffee.

Cammie said...

Im going to need you to stick with Johnnie.....lol

Jen said...

God Bless You
and God Bless America!!

Cammie said...

PS....gracias for the award!!!!
MWWAH

Michelle said...

You crack me up. I guess I should quite complaing about it being 11 degrees here 'cause we have no snow and that is just fine by me. We are expecting a temp of 40 something for Christmas day. I think I will take it.

I love Bea Arthur. Do you remember Maude? Loved that show. And her husband Walter. I wonder if Youtube has any of that, I will have to look into it. In my spare time. Busy as a Bea (ha) right now but we are out of school until Jan. 5th then go back a week and another week off for the kitchen staff! WooHoo!

angi_b72 said...

Thank you so much!! That is really sweet!! Still wishing for Snow here!! It seems everyone else is getting it but Southeastern Ohio!! Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Toriz said...

Love the letter. ;)

Congrats on the award! :)

Rebecca Jo said...

That is hilarious with Bea Arthur!!!!

And as for your letter - it's not nice to fool around with Mother Nature!!! She's probably going to double the size of snow now!

Deanna said...

Loved the letter. Let me know how that works for you and I will write one of my own from Missouri. Gotta luv Bea Arthur but a little of her goes a l o n g way..........
Have a good one.

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOL!! Very cute!

Merry Christmas!

ChicagoLady said...

Obviously your letter to Mother Nature fell on deaf ears, since she's sending us more freezing rain tonight/tomorrow. Maybe you should have offered her more?

Cute Santa hat on Bea!

LadyStyx said...

Oh gosh! I remember those commercials.