Thursday, June 25, 2009

We Beat The Heat Another Way.

The temperatures soared to the high 90's today and I didn't think my skin could take another day at the pool. By 8:30 this morning, the girls were already "bored" and I figured I was in trouble.

What can we do that would entertain and be air conditioned? Think...think...think...I GOT IT!!!

We will build us some bears!!!

The girls each picked out their "shell" and we stood in line to bring it to life.


Emerson filled hers first.

Then it was Vivi's turn.

They each made a wish on a heart and stuffed inside their animals.

Next it was time to give them a bath that consisted of air.

Then a brush.

On to the clothing and accessories. After all, they can't go home naked!!!



The girls went to the computers to name their new friends and Mommy went to flip for the bill. ($56!!! I know, right?")

Here is the gang! Emerson got a bear that she named Colin. He has a Cubs shirt and a pair of glasses. Vivienne got a cat that she named Mittens. She has a lamb t-shirt and a pink backpack. She even got a few bows for her ears and tail.

After that, we stopped off at A&W and everyone enjoyed some lunch.


18 comments:

Pearl said...

I am DEFINITELY calling you the next time I'M bored! Great bears!

Pearl

Becky said...

How Cool! You girls are so pretty! I swear they are gonna be hearbreakers one day {{sigh}}.

Looks like a super fun day. We braved another long day at mom's pool with friends. It was sooo hot here it was well worth it!

xxx said...

not so hot here... it's friday and it's winter ~ probably a bit like your spring.

Awesome bears and your babes are beautiful!
Great fun... don't think we have anything like that here.

best wishes
Ribbon

Anonymous said...

Build a Bear is sooo cool. I give gift certificates to our little ones and they LOVE it! And, gosh, look how Emerson is growing.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

LadyStyx said...

Oh no...can't have the animals running around bear-nekkid!

Funny in My Mind said...

sounds like a successful day! makes me long for the days when my boys were little....

betty said...

looks like a fun time!! we've done that before when the kids were young (and last year when we were at Disneyland my hubby wanted to make one, LOL)

I love when the heart gets put in; I'm so sentimental. Also we had a sound put in my hubby's, I think it roars; amazing what they can do

yum with A&W!!

betty

Kimmy said...

I love that place! We just took our little one to the one in Vegas a week ago. I'll be sharing my photos...when I can ever get a chance!! :o)

Toriz said...

My Mam loves those build-a-bear places. I went there once. It's hard not to spend LOADS of money when you go there. Between me and my Mam I think we spent about £70 ($140)... Oops! ;)

Intense Guy said...

No Becky, they are heartbreakers already!

You had a brainstorm taking them to the make their own bear place!

Whatcha gonna do today?! :)

Deanna said...

I want you to be my mommy...

What a fun day! Your girls are absolutely gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures! What a great hot, summer day idea!

Cammie said...

What a fun day for the kiddos!
Have a great weekend!

Rebecca Jo said...

Forget kids... I wanna go build a bear! :)

kim said...

omg..I seriously wish I'd had your address before you went there, I just saw a coupon that saved $5 on each bear built..

what a great day with your girls..wish my kids would hurry up and make me a mamaw!! lol

Liz Mays said...

I love that little Chicago Cubs bear with glasses, lol.

I've got my own eye on that floppy moose they have!

Heather said...

You are the best mommy ever!

What a fun day; we've never built a bear, and now I fear Isabel is out of that phase. Do they have dinosaurs that you can build? 'Cause Gabe would probably like that.

Hope you're having a great time with your sis! I've been missing mine...

Kat Mortensen said...

That's so cute! I have to ask, "Colin"? What up?

Kat