Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hannibal

I am a reader. In fact I devour books. I have read 3 (wonderful) 500 page books in the last 2 week. I end up staying up way too late to finish a chapter only to start a new one and push bedtime back even more. My favorite time of the week is when Emerson goes to Sylvan for 2 hours on Saturday. I get my Caribou, put on my Zune, and read in the waiting room.

I buy my books, I don’t know why, but I don’t like the library. I read books over and over, so I am able to justify the expense. I also buy a lot of my books at the used book store and they are usually only a couple of bucks.

Every once in a while, an author that I like writes a new one, or I read a review in a magazine about a book and I have to have it.

That’s what happened a couple of weeks ago, I read a review about a book and I ran out and bought it, IN HARDCOVER no less.

The book is called “Becky: The Life and Loves of Becky Thatcher” by Lenore Hart.



I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!

Now I have read “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer” and “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” And the summer of 2006, we took a trip to Hannibal, MO. We toured the cave, walked the streets of the town, and went to Mark Twain’s house, Becky’s House and Huck’s House. We learned a lot on that trip and that made this book even more special to me. I could picture in my mind the town and the river just as I had seen it.

Here are a few pictures of our trip. (I can’t believe how much the girls have grown!!)





he first one is Mark Twain's house. He is actually Tom Sawyer. The second one is Huck Finn's house, he was loosely based on a kid named Tom Blankenship.


This is Becky Thatcher's house, her real name was Laura Hawkins.



This one is self-explanatory. (Man, my hair is long!!)

This is the infamous cave that Tom and Becky got lost in.

The next book I am starting is called Tunnels and it's suppose to be Harry Potter-esque.

0 comments: