Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bask In It's Hotness!!

Tonight was our last night of bowling before the Christmas break. We won't be bowling (read drinking and talking about inappropriate, nasty things) until after the first of the year.


So, we had our little Christmas party tonight. Our team, which is named Becky and the Bandits (I wanted Dirty Pirate Hookers, but was out voted) do things a little different than the other teams.


Instead of buying a little something for each teammate, we buy one bigger gift without a name on it. We stack them on the chairs and if you get a strike or a spare you can change around the presents. After the 3 games you get the present that is on your chair.


It's always been great fun, but this year we decided to change it up even more.


A couple of weeks ago, we picked names out of a hat and had a Secret Santa. This was loads of fun because you were able to pick something out that you knew that person would love.


I got my friend Kristin and I made her a photobook on Shutterfly.com. At first I was a little worried, I wasn't sure I had a lot of pictures of Kristin. Oh MY, was I wrong, and it's OK that if you look at it, it looks like we all belong in the Betty Ford Center, we had fun!!! It turned out great and she loved it! (At least I think she did, if not she's a great actress)


My friend Denise got my name and when I opened my present, to what do my wondering eyes should appear????


That's right! AN EDWARD BLANKET!!!!!!!! This is why Denise is like a sister to me, she just gets me!! (She also got me an awesome Johnny Depp magnet!)


Was I complaining about being cold earlier? I no longer think that will be a problem! Edward and I are going to bed now and we're putting the Do Not Disturb sign on the door.


P.S. Socks are great! But make sure you don't bowl in them. For the longest time I couldn't figure out the sensation I was feeling, then I realized that my feet were hot. I don't think that has ever happened. Also, I got them at Dick's Sporting Goods but Cabella's and Bass Pro Shop would probably carry them or something even better. Maybe one day Iwill learn to knit and I can make myself a pair.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh you lucky girl. I am so jealous. I love it. How was your first night together?

Toriz said...

See, that's what I'm talking about... Gifts with thought behind them! There's the old Christmas spirit I've been searching for! :)

Great gifts! :)

Heather said...

Have you climbed out of bed yet? Or does Edward keep calling you back?

Your bowling group sounds like fun!

Give Edward some lovin' on my behalf, okay?

Cammie said...

Holy crap girl where did you get that????? I must have one, and wrap myself in it naked. Oh wait...that may have been TMI....

Rebecca Jo said...

I"M SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! I would snuggle under Edward ANY time!!!! How awesome a gift is that!!!

merc3069 said...

fuuny side story: My aunt, (aged 62) has an Elvis blanket. She likes to keep his face---um, well, you know;-) The Edward blanket just made me think the same thing...lol

Michelle said...

Girl, you need to check out Heather's blog and see what you have started with that Cullen award. You are gonna be famous!

Kimmy said...

That's awesome! I love doing Secret Santa's but haven't been able to in quite some time. :O(

Glad the socks are working out for ya. Thanks for the info :o)

LadyStyx said...

~nice~ gifts and what a wonderful twist to the Christmas swap game!

Grand Pooba said...

Wow, I'm basking, I'm basking! You lucky girl! How does your hubby feel knowing that you will be sleeping with Edward?

And your bowling is my kind of bowling!

ChicagoLady said...

What a great idea about the presents on the chairs and re-arranging them after strikes or spares!

I might have to head over to Dick's if I ever get unburied from our blizzard tonight.