Saturday, December 27, 2008

Flashback Saturday

Today I am posting 2 post for Flashback Saturday, part 1 and part 2 from this past March.

I will post tomorrow about Christmas, I'm still recovering.


OOHHHH That's Smarts!!!!!

Last night at bowling I got my pinky finger crushed in between two balls. And this is what it looks like this morning.






The consensus is that I either broke the tip of my finger or that it is a huge blood blister. Either case, I have to go to the doctor tonight. I really should quit bowling, it seems to be hazardous to my health.

_______________________________________________________________


Survey Says...SON OF A....!!!!!!

I went to the doctor last night after I picked up Emerson from my dad’s house. They took and x-ray of my finger and decided that it might not be broken. The Radiologist has to look at the x-rays today. In the meantime, they brought me an ibuprofen AND THEN SOME REALLY BIG NEEDLES!!!!!!!! The doctor and the nurse, in their infinite wisdom, decided that they are going to poke at my finger to release some pressure. My reaction to this was “THE HELL YOU ARE!!” But I was out voted. They coaxed Emerson out of the room with stickers and as soon as she closed the door, BAM! In went the needle and out came quite a few choice words. Not to mention the tears.


Now here’s where it gets bad, so if you have a queasy stomach, stop reading now.


Apparently, what is suppose to happen is that as soon as the needle goes in, a great geyser of blood is suppose to come out and I am suppose to thank the doctor for relieving the pain. That didn’t happen, so she dug around a bit. The Nurse held my other arm so I didn’t slug the doctor. When nothing appeared, the doctor suggested that we use a bigger needle. That’s when I got up to leave. They sat me back down with promises that they won’t jab me anymore. But they told me that if the nail turns black I have to come back. I mutter under my breathe something about hell freezing over.

They wrapped my finger up in a way so that if there is any blood, it might squeeze out. My pinkie looks like a trailer hitch.



And then, and this is my favorite part, the doctor told me that because she was digging around my finger, my blood will probably become infected. So, she prescribed some antibiotics.


I called today to see if my x-ray has been read and to see if I could get something a little better for the pain. The 2 ibuprofen every 4 hours is not cutting it. I was up all night long with the throbbing.

At least the bandage is Cubbie Blue.
Update on the Finger: It was broken, so digging around in it with a needle probably wasn't the best solution.

13 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh you poor thing!!! OWIE!!!!!

IB said...

Jesus, what a nightmare! I once blew out a hamstring trying to bowl. The sport should be outlawed!

ChicagoLady said...

I was cringing through that whole story! What did they do to fix the finger?

Becky said...

Who knew bowling could be so dangerous!

You poor thing. I am about throwing up over here. I am very not medical!

Kimmy said...

Oh Boy!! OUCH!!

Toriz said...

Ouch! Hope it didn't take too long to mend itself!

Rebecca Jo said...

OH DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who knew bowling was dangerous? That was probably a bad call digging in with needles... OUCH! Can they do anything for it being broken? They can't set it or anything, can they? Oh my!!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy Bowling Ball!! That looks like it smarts. Soooo sorry and hope it heals quickly you poor thing.

Cammie said...

um, ouch. yet one more reason to avoid sports

Deanna said...

Yikes! I knew there was a reason I don't like bowling. Do you still bowl????

Michelle said...

Hey, a sports injury is a sports injury, right?! Hell yeah you still bowl. What you needed to do was find a new doctor, right!?

LadyStyx said...

oh geez louise!

BloggessJ said...

OMG! They pay them the big bucks to know what the heck is going on and apparently you got the one space cadet in the whole building. How are things with the pinkie going now?