Saturday, June 13, 2009

Conversations With Emerson

Tonight, I made dinner and we watched High School Musical 3. I made something new, and I wasn't sure how it was going to be received, but it was a big hit. (I will post a picture and the recipes below)

When I signed into my blog, Emerson came up behind me and this is how the conversation went.

Em: "You have 66 followers?"

Me: "Yep"

Em: " You should have 1oo!"

Me: "I'm trying Em."

Em: "I bet Johnny Depp reads your blog and he posts a Becky Monday every week."

Me: "Oh yeah?"

Em: "And every Thursday, he posts Emerson Thursdays"

Me: "Oh, really?"

Em: "Yep, he finds us amusing. But not Daddy, he only post about him once a year." "You know what it's called?"

Me: "I can't imagine."

Em: "Once a year Matt!"

Me (quietly): "That's what I call him too." (went right over her head and she went to go watch the Naked Brother's Band)

On to dinner! Tonight I made cold cucumber soup and grilled cheese with pears. (Instead of using tarragon, I used dill in the soup)


Fancy, right?

It was pretty easy, and the whole fam loved it. Even Vivi, who rarely steers away from mac and cheese.

Enjoy!!!

10 comments:

betty said...

you can tell Emerson you now have 67 followers :)

I have to be careful following journals because one time I got up over following 149 blogs, that was a bit excessive so I choose carefully now which ones I follow and not just put into my favorites to check as I have time, but, since you adore Johnny Depp and so do I, I thought "why not be a follower!"

I'm amazed your kids liked the cucumber soup!! dinner looked delicious!!

betty

Funny in My Mind said...

I will follow you twice and you can have 69, ha ha

Toriz said...

LOL! ;)

Will take a look at those recipes later. Thanks for the share. :)

The Devil's Daughter-In-Law said...

Ha! I love Once A Year Matt! Hilarious!

And you're making me hungry. Stop it.

LadyStyx said...

LOL@ that conversation!

kim said...

now wait a minute..didn't you and Matt volunteer to try out all those sex toys here recently? Sounds like you should get that order book out again :) heh heh....

Lacey said...

HAHA! Thanks for the recipes! They look de-LISH!

Nana said...

Looks good to me! I hope Once a Year Matt liked it too.

Intense Guy said...

I do hope "once a year" Matt means prostate exams...

And once Emerson has a blog - she has me for a follower!

Kimmy said...

LMAO!! That was pretty funny! :o)

Dinner looked good. I ought to try that. Sounds de-lish!!